The Lead Email QA is responsible carrying out Quality Assurance tests for the regular email marketing program’s execution. This person is responsible for the setup, maintenance and review of e-mail and other related push communications. Also, the Email QA Lead is responsible for maintaining and practicing best QA practices for our client (a Fortune 500 company). The candidate manages client communication and provides support to team members.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate directly with clients, project managers, and developers to understand scope, inputs, subscriber audience, program frequency, overall creative approach, and subsequently develop an effective and practical testing strategy with appropriate deliverables
- Understand end-to-end campaign strategy to create and oversee email testing plans & activities associated with diverse product lines in a fast paced tech industry.
- Manage baseline objectives at the account level while ensuring compliance of mandatory procedures and policies
- Evaluate effectiveness of existing processes, streamline activities, recommend automation.
- Tools that could help drive efficiency, and recommend changes that will improve quality.
- Decrease turnaround times for QA.
- Manage stakeholder meetings Manage risk and issues escalations mentor, lead, and grow a team of driven individuals, while forecasting future resource needs.
- Create and streamline interview practices and procedures.
- Support globally based clients and team members.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and customer deadlines with minimal oversight.
- Ability to decipher digital and non-digital assets and understand how components inter-relate Strong written and verbal communication and problem solving skills with an impeccable eye for detail.
- Solid understanding of latest trends and best practices for quality assurance principles within the digital marketing industry.
- Working knowledge of HTML and email coding experience utilizing Test Management Tools .
- Experience with test automation tools (Return Path, Litmus, etc.).
- Proven interactions to successfully collaborate with Project Managers in estimating testing effort, managing milestones, and project resources.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as QA lead for Digital Marketing with a focus on Email Marketing minimum.
- 7+ years of experience in Digital Marketing with a focus on email.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to catch things not on “a list” based on requirements and update future testing plans accordingly.
Knowledge and Competencies
- Experience in working within global setting.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple projects.
- Impeccable communication skills.
Demonstrated knowledge as a subject matter expert with in-depth knowledge of e-mail marketing best practices
- Proven ability to create and monitor KPIs
- Ability to think “outside the box”
- Focused on results and extremely detail-oriented