Continuum is a next generation marketing services firm that works with leading global and national clients to design, transform and run digital marketing operations that enable them to scale, optimize and improve marketing performance. With 500+ professionals in offices in Silicon Valley and Chandigarh & Gurgaon (India), our services include digital marketing operations, technology development, data operations and advisory services.
We are looking for a Director – Business Development, to join our dynamic team, and drive our growth with leading marketers who are seeking to transform their marketing operations using data and technology.
- To lead business development and client acquisition for Continuum – from prospecting though to contract.
- Generate new revenue by identifying and nurturing prospective clients to closure.
- Be a thought leader and “expert” in the marketing services industry so that you are viewed as a consultative partner and not a transactional seller.
- You will work as individual contributor, driving revenue growth by using general business acumen to uncover prospect business needs and identify how Continuum’s offerings can help prospects improve their business performance and drive growth.
- Prepare and deliver new business presentations that address the core business issues and opportunities faced by the prospect.
- Build relationships with key decision-makers in marketing, analytics, data and technology in prospective client organizations.
- In touch with industry trends and personnel moves among prospect organizations.
- Negotiate and close contracts with client marketing and legal stakeholders.
Your background and competencies
- Demonstrated experience in developing sales in the digital or agency business.
- Have a strong network of prior relationships and contacts (at a senior level).
- Senior-level hunter that enjoys prospecting, cold calling and needs based selling.
- Strong knowledge of marketing services – specifically email marketing, ad tech, data & analytics, and marketing platforms.
- Understanding of complex and lengthy sales cycles and how to create achievable milestones and deliver meticulous follow-up.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to make compelling presentations to an audience of diverse and senior business stakeholders.
- Proven ability to negotiate and close deals.
- Must be strategic, flexible, tenacious, results-oriented.
- Adept at dealing with a constantly changing environment.
About the position
- This position reports directly to the CEO.
- The selected individual may be located anywhere in the US, and may work remotely.
- The position offers a highly competitive package of an excellent base salary, generous performance-based bonus plan, and benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus.
- 8-10 years’ experience in a sales/hunter role.
- 5+ years of sales experience in media, marketing or advertising related fields.
- 5+ years of B2B business development experience, with a successful close rate.
- 5+ years of display marketing/interactive advertising experience.
- Applicants for employment must have work authorization in the US that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
We offer competitive salaries & benefits, and a work environment that is stimulating and fun. If this position excites you, please send your résumé to email@example.com. Do include a cover letter that tells us why you think you’d be a great fit.