The E-mail Marketing Campaign Manager is responsible for developing and executing email marketing campaigns for our client (a Fortune 500 Company). This person is in charge of building a best-in-class e-mail program for the firm’s communications to various external and internal audiences. This role focuses both on the strategic overall vision as well as overseeing the daily tactical activities involved in managing such a program.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work in conjunction with the digital marketing manager to create and execute a global marketing strategy for e-mail and other related push communications.
- Provide creative brief direction for e-mail coordinators and other technical experts to ensure all e-mail creative enhances brand image and communicates effectively to achieve its objectives.
- Conduct extensive A/B testing of e-mail strategy, including delivery timing, creative layout, tailored offers, and subject line testing to develop best practices for ongoing email campaigns.
- Oversee internal stakeholder management efforts to ensure campaign deliveries are prioritized according to approved global push communications strategies.
- Manage e-mail development through creative review process, collaborating with internal stakeholders, editorial teams, and capturing feedback from multiple stakeholders while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Evaluate the performance of e-mail sends, including the impact of subject lines, segmentation performance, click-thru rates and provide executable recommendations to the global online communications manager to improve future e-mail performance.
- Communicate e-mail plans and successes internally to ensure coordination across channels.
- Oversee and direct quality assurance processes; ensure that the overall e-mail production and send processes are streamlined and managed with zero errors.
- Create Reports and in depth analysis on campaign metrics provided to the client.
- Deep understanding of e-mail marketing operations, technology, and campaign platforms.
- Ideally familiar with HTML, responsive email, and PhotoShop.
- Knowledge of online publishing and digital media a plus.
- Knowledge of basic SQL and reporting tools.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Overall professional experience of 3-4 years in project management /Campaign Management.
Knowledge and Competencies
- Experience in working within global setting.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple projects.
- Impeccable communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge as a subject matter expert with in depth knowledge of e-mail marketing best practices.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to create and monitor KPIs.
- Ability to think “outside the box”.
- Focused on results and extremely detail-oriented.